Sunday, February 1, 2009

What is a typical day like living in Iceland?,work,recreation or whatever


What is a typical day like living in Iceland?,work,recreation or whatever!?

Other - Society & Culture - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
a typical day in the summer for me went kind of like this: Wake up around 5 or 6, because the sun is streaming into my window. We've got near constant sunshine in the peak of summer so sometimes you only go on a few hours of sleep. Eat a light breakfast and drive to work sometime between 8 or 9. Everything is close in the town so the drive is 2-3 minutes. When the weather is nice I like to walk the 15 minutes to work. Lunch break at noon. Usually gone for 1 hr to 1 1/2 hours. Back to work, leave for home at 5. Have dinner with family and or friends by 6 or 7. Relax and enjoy the endless summer day until 1 or 2 when I should be in bed so I won't be too tired for work tomorrow. On the weekends I like to stay out till 5am or 6am so I can hang out with friends. We usually enjoy each others' company over drinks somewhere outside. We love basking in the light of the midnight sun. In the winter, it's very much the same schedule except I have considerable less energy, because of the lack of sunlight. I want to sleep in every day and go back to sleep quite early - usually 10 or 11.